The new Monster represents all the essence of Ducati in the lightest, most compact and essential form possible. You can already guess it from the name: Monster, nothing else.
The recipe is the original 1993 one: a sporty engine, but perfect for road use, combined with a Superbike-derived frame.
All that you need to have fun, every day.
- Lightweight: the Superbike-derived frame with aluminum front frame helps to keep the weight down to just 366 lb dry. And lightness is a key ingredient for an easy, maneuverable, fast and above all fun bike.
- Compactness: Narrow sides and front frame ending at vertical head height. This helps to easily put your feet on the ground at a steady motion.
- Essential: Design characterized by simple and clean lines. An engine, a saddle, a tank and a handlebar. There is only what you need to drive and have fun, nothing more.
- Exciting performance: The Monster is powered by the Testastretta 11° 937 cc twin cylinder L-shaped engine, with desmodromic distribution. Compared to the previous 821 it increases displacement, power, torque and decreases weight by 5.3 lbs (2.4 kg) to contribute to the lightness of the bike and offer better rideability. It now delivers 111 hp at 9,250 rpm with maximum torque of 69 lb-ft (93Nm) delivered at just 6,500 rpm, proving to be efficient and reactive in throttle response.
- Engine: Testatretta 11°, V2 - 90°, 4 valves per cylinder, desmodromic valvetrain, liquid cooled.
- Displacement: 937 cc (57 cu in)
- Bore X Stroke: 94 mm x 67.5 mm
- Compression ratio: 13.3:1
- Power: 111 hp (82 kW) @ 9,250 rpm
- Torque: 9.5 kgm (93 Nm, 69 lb ft) @ 6,500 rpm
- Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection system, Ø 53 mm throttle bodies with Ride-by-Wire system.
- Exhaust: Pre-muffler and twin muffler, catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes.
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, ratio 1.85:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15, 2=30/17, 3=28/20, 4=26/22, 5=24/23, 6=23/24
- Final drive: Chain, front sprocket z15, rear sprocket z43
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo multiplate wet clutch with hydraulic control.
- Frame: Aluminum alloy Front Frame.
- Front suspension: Ø 43 mm usd fork
- Front wheel: Light alloy cast, 3.5" x 17"
- Front tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Suspension: Progressive linkage, preload adjustable monoshock, aluminum double-sided swingarm.
- Rear wheel: Light alloy cast, 5.5" x 17".
- Rear tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 180/55 ZR17
- Wheel travel (front/rear): 130 mm / 140 mm (5.1 in / 5.5 in)
- Front brake: 2 x Ø 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo M4.32 monobloc 4-piston calipers, radial master cylinder, Cornering ABS.
- Rear brake: Ø 245 mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating caliper, Cornering ABS.
- Instrumentation: 4.3" TFT color display
- Dry weight: 166 kg (366 lb)
- Kerb weight: 188 kg (414 lb)
- Seat height: 820 mm (32.3 in)
- 800 mm (31.5 in) (accessory low seat): 775 mm (30.5 in) (accessory low seat + low suspension kit)
- Wheelbase: 1,474 mm (58.0 in)
- Rake: 24°
- Trail: 93 mm (3.7 in)
- Fuel tank capacity: 14 l (3.7 US gal)
- Number of seats: 2
- Safety equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Cornering ABS, Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Control, Daytime Running Light.
- Standard equipment: Ducati Quick Shift, Ducati Power Launch, 4.3" TFT color display, Full LED headlight and lighting system, USB power socket, Flyscreen, Passenger seat cover.
- Ready for: Ducati Multimedia System, Heated grips.
- Warranty: 24 months, unlimited mileage.
- Maintenance: 30,000 km (18,000 miles)
- Valve clearance check: 30,000 km (18,000 miles)
Call 805-884-8443 for an appointment or just stop by!
Prices listed are the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, freight, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary. Pricing and specifications are subject to change.