- FRAME: The Hypermotard 950 family features a steel trellis frame with variable-section tubes that weighs 2.2 lbs less than the previous model. 25° steering head angle, 104 mm trail and 30 mm offset allow for stable and safe control without compromising the agility typical of this motorcycle. The frame is connected to the rear subframe, also a steel trellis frame, derived from that of the first Hypermotard. A wide steering angle of 70° allows great handling, while the 1,493 mm (1,498 mm for the SP version) wheelbase allows maximizing stability at high speeds. The fuel tank, with 14.5 litre fuel capacity, lends the Hypermotard 950 excellent overall range without spoiling its essential, curvy lines. The Hypermotard 950 sports a single-sided aluminum swinging arm.
- SUSPENSIONS: The Hypermotard 950 is equipped with a Marzocchi fork with fully adjustable 45 mm aluminum tubes and stanchions, and 170 mm wheel travel that shaved off 500 grams compared to the unit installed on the previous version. At the rear, the 950 sports an adjustable Sachs shock absorber, with 150 mm wheel travel. The Hypermotard 950 SP, on the other hand, is equipped with a fully adjustable 48 mm Öhlins fork with 185 mm wheel travel and a fully adjustable Öhlins shock absorber with 175 mm wheel travel.
- BRAKES: The front braking system features two monobloc radially-mounted 4-piston Brembo M4.32 callipers operated by a radial brake master cylinder with adjustable 5-position lever. On the front end the discs measure 320 mm and feature aluminum flanges (for a total weight reduction of 600 grams), while at the back there is a single 245 mm diameter disc gripped by a single Brembo calliper. These components ensure a braking performance that sets the standard for the industry, a characteristic that has always been common toall Ducati bikes.
- WHEELS AND TIRES: The Hypermotard 950 is equipped with 3-spoke Y-shaped aluminum rims with 3.5" section up front and 5.5" section at the rear, and is fitted with Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres, namely 120/70 ZR17 up front and 180/55/55 ZR17 at the rear. These new wheels enabled a weight saving of 1.7 lbs compared to those fitted on the previous model. The Hypermotard 950 SP, on the other hand, is fitted with lightweight Marchesini forged rims with 3 Y-spokes, 3.5" section up front and 5.5" at the rear, and the latest evolution of the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP racing tires, namely 120/70 ZR7 up front and 180/55 ZR177 at the rear.
- MOTARD STYLE: The design of the Hypermotard 950 is inspired by the look of the motard bikes and evolves around the double exhaust under the seat and the reduced superstructures that allow you to get a glimpse of the mechanics, including the rear trellis subframe that conveys an ultra-light and sleek mood to this version.
- ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS: The Testastretta 11° engine has pistons with a compression ratio increased to 13.3:1 (compared to 12.6:1 of the predecessor), an exhaust cam profile and an exhaust system with the silencers located under the seat. The Testastretta 11° engine features a throttle body with 53 mm bore, and is controlled by a Ride-by-Wire throttle control system. The twin-cylinder engine also sports lighter clutch and generator covers, a lighter selector drum, aluminum rather than steel belt tensioners and magnesium head covers.
- GEARBOX AND CLUTCH: The engine is equipped with a wet clutch with self-servo action and anti-hop function. Its hydraulic control system with adjustable lever help reduce lever effort. The gearbox sports the Ducati Quick Shift EVO system (DQS EVO) with up/down function. Fine tuned for the Hypermotard 950 and available as an option (standard equipment on the RVE and SP version), it uses the lean angle information to maximise the motorcycle stability during shift changes in corners. Besides minimising shift times, the DQS EVO allows downshifts without using the clutch thereby ensuring even more effective braking into corners. The system acts in a different way for upshifts and downshifts, supplementing the advance firing and injection action during upshifts with the controlled opening of the throttle for downshifts, thanks to the full Ride-by-Wire system.
- GEARBOX MODIFICATIONS: The gearbox has been revised to make it easier to engage neutral when the bike is stationary and to ensure maximum precision in gear selection. The system envisages that the gearshift drum rotates on bearings, ensuring a movement with reduced friction. In addition, the gear lever spring is more loaded to prevent the system from remaining idle in the intermediate positions, thus resulting more precise.
- SOPHISTICATED AND FUN: The ergonomics of this motard-inspired bike, ensures the rider maintains an erect riding position with wide elbows, which translates into maximum levels of reaction and control whatever the conditions. The seat of the RVE versions is flat, in professional motard style, to facilitate shifting forward and backward on the seat while riding.
- ABS BOSCH CORNERING: To ensure high braking performance, combined with excellent safety, the Hypermotard 950 has been equipped with ABS Bosch Cornering system with three-level adjustment. Level 3 is suitable for everyday use on the road or for poor grip conditions. It guarantees safe and stable braking under all conditions, as rear wheel lift is kept under control under harsh braking. Level 2 always manages both the front and rear braking systems but allows for more aggressive braking with softer lift-up control. This level provides greater safety under braking, even in wet conditions. Level 1 introduces a racing-like intervention logic of the cornering system up front, and activates the Slide by Brake function at the rear that allows for sliding into corners using the rear brake safely for better performance i n sports riding. In level 1, the rear lift-up control is disabled.
- DUCATI TRACTION CONTROL EVO (DTC EVO): The DTC EVO on the Hypermotard 950 is based on an algorithm that makes its interventions more precise and quick. The DTC EVO interfaces with the Bosch Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) by constantly measuring the bike's angle and using this information to better judge the actions necessary to ensure ideal slipping of the rear tyre (depending on the DTC EVO level set).
- DUCATI WHEELIE CONTROL EVO (DWC EVO): The Hypermotard 950 comes with the latest version of the Ducati Wheelie Control EVO (DWC EVO). This system uses the information provided by Bosch IMU 6D to prevent wheelies and enables the rider to achieve maximum performance under acceleration with ease and safely. The DWC EVO detects the occurrence and severity of wheelies more accurately, kicks in and controls them with a higher level of precision, so as to respond to rider inputs even more accurately.
- 6-AXIS INERTIAL MEASUREMENT UNIT (6D IMU): The Hypermotard 950 is equipped with modern, sophisticated electronics based on Bosch 6-axis inertial platform, which instantly detects the motorcycle roll, yaw and pitch angle in space. 6-Axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMUThe electronic package of the Hypermotard 950 includes: Bosch Cornering ABS EVO (with Slide by Brake function) and Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO. Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO. Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down EVO, standard on the 950 SP and RVE versions and available as an option on the 950
- RIDING MODE: The operating parameters of each control system are associated by default with the three electronic setups, or Riding Modes, available on the Hypermotard 950. Riders have the ability to customize their riding styles and restore the parameters set by Ducati. The Sport Riding Mode is suitable for sports-style riding on winding roads or on the track, and delivers the full 114 hp power delivery of the Ducati twin-cylinder engine according to the performance-oriented electronic setup.The Touring Riding Mode is ideal for in-town and out-of-town outings and for those who prefer a neat, smooth ride. The 114 hp of the Ducati twin are delivered according to a more safety-oriented electronic setup. The Urban Riding Mode is designed for everyday use in city traffic and under poor grip conditions, e.g. in the rain. That is why for twin-cylinder Testastretta this mode uses a 75 hp power limit and its electronic settings are all oriented towards maximum safety.
- INSTRUMENTATION: The instrumentation of the Hypermotard 950 family includes a 4.3" TFT display. Graphics are reminiscent of the Panigale V4, and offer user-friendly menu navigation and setting adjustments. Each Riding Mode is assigned a specific color for ease of reference. The Riding Mode setting interface provides a clear-cut, comprehensible overview of current changes to the settings with explanatory drawings of the system being set up and a graduated scale that indicates whether a change is more performance or safety/stability-oriented.
- HEADLIGHTS AND INDICATORS: The front light unit features a lightweight, very compact design and uses a headlight with Daytime Running Light (DRL), ensuring high visibility even during the day. At the rear end, a LED strip doubles as rear and stop light. The front LED turn indicators are integrated in the hand guards to keep the Hypermotard 950’s neat lines uncluttered.
Call 805-884-8443 for an appointment or just stop by!
Prices listed are the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, freight, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary. Pricing and specifications are subject to change.